- We collect the following types of information about you:
Information we collect from you directly: When you create an account, we will collect a variety of information to create three profiles:
Account Profile: This profile may contain personal information such as your username, first and last name, birth date, email address, mobile phone number and a photo, if you chose to have a photo associated with your account.
Dog Profile: This profile may contain personal information such as your dog’s name, breed, weight, gender, birth date, spayed/neutering status, size, and photos of your dog, if you chose to have a photo associated with your dog’s profile.
Vet’s Info: This area may include your veterinarian’s name, phone number, and address. Additional you may be able to store medical information about your dog, if you so choose.
Information we collect from your device: We collect your unique user identifier and your location through GPS, WiFi, or wireless network triangulation in order to obtain you our your dog’s location for the purposes of providing our Service. While you are logged in to your account, we may continue to collect your location information in order to provide the Service.
Information we collect when you use the Service: We collect information about your dog’s health, activity and location. We collect certain information about your device and the operation of the app through technology such as cookies, web beacons, log files, or other tracking/recording tools. The information we collect through the use of tracking technologies may include, but is not limited to, IP address, how you interact with the Service, mobile device type, mobile device IDs or other persistent identifiers.
Information we collect automatically when you visit our website:
When you visit our websites, we may collect certain information about your computer or device through technology such as cookies, web beacons, log files, or other tracking/recording tools. The information we collect through the use of tracking technologies may include, but is not limited to, IP address, browser information, referring/exit pages and URLs, click stream data and how you interact with links on the website, or Service, domain names, landing pages, page views, cookie data that allows us to uniquely identify your browser, browsing behavior on our site, mobile device type, mobile device IDs or other persistent identifiers, and location data collected from your mobile device.
- How we use that information:
We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service and to communicate directly with you, such as to send you notifications about a change in the health of your dog. We may also send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, consent notifications, order confirmations, change or updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
We use this information to:
- Provide the Service as described in the Waggit Terms of Service.
- Remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site or mobile app,
- Provide custom, personalized content and information,
- Monitor the effectiveness of our Service and our marketing campaigns,
- Monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, users, traffic, and demographic patterns,
- Diagnose or fix technology problems reported by our Users or engineers that are associated with certain IP addresses or User IDs, and
- Automatically update our mobile application on your system and related devices.
- You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Service may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled. To learn more about cookies, clear gifs/web beacons and related technologies, you may wish to visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources, at http://www.networkadvertising.org.
- Sharing of Your Personal Information
We will not distribute, rent or sell your personal information to third parties outside of Waggit and its controlled subsidiaries and affiliates without your consent, except as noted below:
We may share your personal information with our third-party business partners, vendors and consultants who perform services on our behalf, such as accounting, managerial, technical, marketing or analytic services. These business partners will be given access to your information as necessary to deliver the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
We may aggregate or otherwise strip data of all personally identifying characteristics of our data and may share that aggregated, anonymized data with third parties.
- We may at any time buy or sell/divest the company, or any combination of its products, services, assets and/or businesses. Personal information such as customer names and email addresses, and other user information related to the Service will likely be one of the items transferred in these types of transactions. We may also transfer or assign such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcies, dissolutions or similar transactions or proceedings.
Except as described above, we will not disclose personal information to third parties (including law enforcement, other government entity, or civil litigant; excluding our subcontractors) unless required to do so by law or subpoena or if in our sole discretion, we determine it is necessary to (a) conform to the law, comply with legal process, or investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities; (b) to enforce our Terms of Service, take precautions against liability, to investigate and defend ourselves against any claims or allegations, or to protect the security or integrity of our Service; and/or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Waggit, our Users or others.
- How We Protect Your Information
Waggit cares about the security of your information and uses commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technological safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information we collect and that we share with our service providers. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- Your Choices About Your Information
You may, of course, decline to submit any personal information through the Service, in which case Waggit may not be able to provide its Services to you.
Modifying Your Account Information and Settings: You may modify your account information, update or amend your personal information, or change your password at any time by logging in to your account. You can also stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. As noted above, you may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, contact notification, order confirmations, change or updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). If you have any questions about reviewing or modifying your account information, you can contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Delete Your Account and Personal Information: We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Opting Out of Collection of Tracking Data: The only way to completely “opt out” of the collection of any information through cookies or other tracking technology is to actively manage the settings on your browser. Please refer to your browser’s technical information for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies, and other tracking/recording tools. (To learn more about cookies, clear gifs/web beacons and related technologies, you may wish to visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources, at http://www.networkadvertising.org.) Depending on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through browser settings but you can uninstall the app if you no longer wish to participate in our Service.
- Links to Other Web Sites and Services
- How to Contact Us