- We collect the following types of information about you:
Information we collect from you directly: When you create an account, we will collect a variety of information to create three profiles:
Account Profile: This profile may contain personal information such as your Waggit Account username, first and last name, birth date, email address, mobile phone number and a photo, if you chose to have a photo associated with your Waggit Account.
- Pet Profile: This profile may contain personal information such as your petpet’s name, breed, weight, gender, birth date, spayed/neutering status, size, and photos of your pet, if you chose to have a photo associated with your pet’s profile.
- Veterinarian and Pet Medical Information: This information may include your veterinarian’s name, business name, phone number, and address.
Information we collect from your mobile device: We collect your unique mobile device identifier and your location through GPS, Bluetooth or wireless network triangulation in order to obtain you or your pet’s location for the purposes of providing our Service.
Information we collect when you use the Service: We collect information about your pet’s health, activity, sleep, nutrition, body positions and location automatically through the Waggit Device. We collect certain information about your mobile device, the Waggit Device, and the operation of the Waggit Application through technology such as cookies, web beacons, log files, or other tracking/recording tools. The information we collect through the use of tracking technologies may include, but is not limited to, IP address, how you interact with the Service, mobile device type, mobile device IDs or other persistent identifiers.
Information third parties collect for Services payment information: We will direct you to our third party processors to process payments for the Services and your use of those third party processers services are subject to the third party payments processor’s policies. We do not collect your payment information, such as credit card numbers, and disclaim all liability for the third party payment processors’ handling of your payment information. Your payment information is entered directly into the third party processor’s websites or applications, and Waggit does not have access to or store that information.
- How we use your information:
We use the information we collect from and about you to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service and to communicate directly with you, such as to send you notifications about a change in the health of your pet. We may also send you Service-related emails (e.g., Waggit Account verification, consent notifications, order confirmations, change or updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices), and promotional emails communications.
We use this information to do the following:
- Provide the Service as described in the Waggit Terms of Service
- Remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the website or Waggit Application
- Provide custom, personalized content and information
- Monitor the effectiveness of our Service and our marketing campaigns
- Monitor aggregate metrics to the Services such as total number of visitors, users, traffic, and demographic patterns
- Diagnose or fix Service problems reported by our Users or engineers that are associated with certain IP addresses or User Waggit Accounts
- Automatically update the software and information for the Waggit Application, on your mobile device, and the Waggit Device
- Sharing of Your Personal Information
We will not distribute, rent or sell your personal information to third parties outside of Waggit, its subsidiaries, and affiliates without your consent, except as noted below:
- We may share your personal information with our third-party business partners, vendors and consultants who perform services on our behalf, such as accounting, managerial, technical, marketing or analytic services. These business partners will be given access to your information as necessary to deliver the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We may aggregate or otherwise strip information of all personally identifying characteristics and may share that aggregated, anonymized data with third parties.
- We may at any time buy or sell/divest the company, or any combination of its products, services, assets and/or businesses. Personal information such as customer names and email addresses, and other User information related to the Service will likely be one of the items transferred in these types of transactions. We may also transfer or assign such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcies, dissolutions or similar transactions or proceedings.
Except as described above, we will not disclose personal information to third parties (including law enforcement, other government entity, or civil litigant; excluding our subcontractors) unless required to do so by law or subpoena or if in our sole discretion, we determine it is necessary to (a) conform to the law, comply with legal process, or investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities; (b) to enforce our Waggit Terms of Service, take precautions against liability, to investigate and defend ourselves against any claims or allegations, or to protect the security or integrity of our Service; and/or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Waggit, our Users or others.
- How We Protect Your Information; Disclaimer
Waggit exercises care in facilitating the transmission of information between your mobile device or computer and the third party servers that operate and store information for the Service. The personal information we collect is stored in operating environments that are not available to the public. While we have mechanisms in place to safeguard your personal information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
- Your Choices About Your Information
- Modifying Your Waggit Account Information and Settings: You may modify your Waggit Account information, opt out of Waggit promotional email communications, update or amend your personal information, or change your password at any time by logging in to your Waggit Account. You can also stop receiving Waggit promotional email communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. You may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, contact notification, order confirmations, change or updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). If you have any questions about reviewing or modifying your Waggit Account information, you can contact us directly at email@example.com
- Cancel Your Account: We will retain your information for as long as your Waggit Account is active or as needed to provide you and other Users the Services, whichever period is longer. If you wish to cancel your Waggit Account, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 6. California Do Not Track Disclosure; California Shine the Light Law
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request and obtain from us, once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we disclosed your personal information as defined under that statute, for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the categories of that kind of personal information that was disclosed to them. If you are a California resident and you wish to make such a request you may contact us by writing us at:
- Children’s Privacy; California Minors
The Services are not directed to or intended for use by minors. Consistent with the requirements of applicable law, if we learn that we have received any information directly from a minor without his or her parent’s verified consent, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child (or his or her parent or legal guardian) to inform the minor that he or she cannot use the Services and subsequently will delete that information
California Minors: While the Service is not intended for anyone under the age of 18, if you are a California resident who is under age 18 and you are unable to remove publicly-available User Content that you have submitted to us, you may request removal by contacting us at: email@example.com. When requesting removal, you must be specific about the information you want removed and provide us with specific information, such as the URL for each page where the information was entered, so that we can find it. We are not required to remove any content or information that: (1) federal or state law requires us or a third party to maintain; (2) was not posted by you; (3) is anonymized so that you cannot be identified; (4) you don’t follow our instructions for removing or requesting removal; or (5) you received compensation or other consideration for providing the User Content or information. Removal of your User Content from the Service does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of that content or information from our systems or the systems of our service providers. We are not required to delete the User Content or information posted by you; our obligations under California law are satisfied so long as we anonymize the User Content or information or render it invisible to other Users and the public.
8. Links to Other Web Sites and Services
- How to Contact Us